Coincidences Between Former Presidents
Eighteen similarities between Abraham Lincoln and John Kennedy.
- Both Lincoln and Kennedy were concerned with civil rights.
- Lincoln was elected President in 1860. Kennedy in 1960.
- Both were slain on a Friday and in the presence of their wives.
- Both were shot from behind and in the head.
- Their successors, both named Johnson, were Southern Democrats and both were in the Senate.
- Andrew Johnson was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson in 1908.
- John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald in 1939.
- Booth and Oswald were Southerners who favored unpopular ideas.
- Both Presidents lost children through death while in the White House.
- Lincoln's secretary, whose name was Kennedy, advised him not to go to the theater.
- Kennedy's secretary, whose name was Lincoln, advised him not to go to Dallas.
- John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and ran to a warehouse.
- Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and ran to a theater.
- The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.
- The names Andrew Johnson and Lyndon Johnson each contain 13 letters.
- The names John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald each contain 15 letters.
- Both assassins were killed before being brought to trial.
- Lincoln was shot in the Ford's Theater. Kennedy was shot in a Ford car. (And, as a matter of fact...it was a Lincoln!)